Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Baylor's new room

We have been busy the last couple of weeks getting the boys set in their new rooms. We have had Bennett and Brayden together since early July and they are doing quite well together I'm happy to say :o). They have had a room make-over and we are just waiting on a few bedding pieces to complete their room. I'll post some pictures once it's all together. They choose a Superheros theme that Pottery Barn Kids just put out and it's quite cute. Bennett's bedding is Batman and Brayden's is Superman. They both just got new navy twin trundle beds as well and Brayden loves his new BIG boy bed. Here are some pictures of Baylor's room: This first picture is a crib caddy that a friend of mine Nancy helped me sew. Yes I said SEW. I actually found the bumper pad and a valance on e-bay and they were a great deal and exactally what I wanted, but I did not want to pay the outragous prices for the additional pieces, so I decided to make the crib sheets and they also had the matching fleece in the cute animal baby print so I made one of those blankets that you just hand tie. (really simple). The lady at the fabirc store talked me into the fact that I could make the crib caddy. She said Oh, it's really easy just follow the directions and you will have no problem. Well the only problem is I'm not a seamstress by any means. I just have a sewing machine that I inherited from my mother, and have taken one sewing class about 6 yrs. ago, so my skills are very basic. Lucky for me my friend Nancy happens to sew well and understands the lingo on the pattern directions, so she was nice enough to come help me get started. I did manage to finish the project and must say it did turn out pretty darn cute! It attaches to the crib and holds diapers, small blanket, wipes, lotion, passy, etc.. Thank you Nancy I could not have done it without you!!! The fleece blanket hanging on the top of the crib is the little one I hand tied, and the crib sheet is also the one I made which coordinates pretty well with the Banana Fish bumper pad which I got brand new in the package for $24.99 on e-bay a steal considering it sells brand new for about $72 else where. Man I love a deal!

I found these cute little canvas animal pictures at Target! Gotta love Target they always have great home accessories.
Baylor's room is ready for him, now we just sit and wait, and wait, and wait. Well hopefully not too much longer. Should not be more than 4 weeks from today. On a side note he is still breech and does not look as if he will turn anytime soon. How did I get 2 out of 3 kids breech? I guess another c-section is in my future :o(.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The room is ADORABLE - I love the colors. And congrats on the stuff you made yourself, wow!!!! So precious.