Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Our house has expanded by 2 feet!

We welcomed our third son on Friday September 7, 2007 at 10:30am. I woke early around 2:30am not feeling quite right, and went to try to sleep on the couch. I woke later around 5am and was feeling contractions. I decided to get a shower and finish packing my bags and called Dr. Newman around 7:30am. He said to come on to Labor and Delivery and let them check me and see if it was the real thing. We had to brave rush hour traffic on the 101 and headed to Scottsdale Healthcare Shea Campus. We arrived at the hospital around 8:45am and after hooking me up to the monitors they determined that my contractions were every 3-5 minutes apart and Dr. Newman said they would do the c-section at 10am. We had both boys with us, and the hospital has up to 2 hours of childcare that they offer, so Bruce took the boys down to the Kidz Klubhouse and they played while we had the baby. We were very fortunate to have had this option and the boys were able to meet their new brother with an hour and a half of his arrival. This was by far the best child birth of all the kids and I felt wonderful following the c-section vs my section with Brayden where I was green for nearly 12 hours. Our newest team member's name is BAYLOR DAVEN McKINSTRY he weighed 8 lbs. and 11 oz. and measured 20 inches. He so far has been a great baby! His brothers are so in love with him and can't keep their hands off him.

Just after birth
Check out his beautiful black hair!!! I was so thrilled to finally have a son with my hair color.
The McKinstry Family of Five
Baylor day 2
Mommy and her newest little love
Daddy and his BOY!!!
Grandma and Grandpa McKinstry arrived on Sunday to stay with us for a week. Yeah!!!
Bennett and Baylor. He is constantly asking to hold him, and is very careful to wash his hands and making sure others know to wash their hands as well before touching him. He can't wait to take him everywhere and introduce him to the world.
Brayden's new toy, Ummm I mean brother :o)
Our 3 sons, how lucky and blessed are we! This picture get me every time I look at it. It reminds me of how good God is and that each of our three boys are a true gift and miracle. Life dose not get much better than this.
Getting ready to go home.
Ready to go all snug in his car seat

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Betsy!! He is just perfect. I love, love, love the pic of all 3 boys. Very special indeed. You are a fantastic mother and I can hardly wait to see how Baylor grows. Lots of love, Cathy.

Wendy said...

Betsy and boys,
Congratulations!! I am so happy for you all. I love the pics. They are fabulous. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Take care.
Wendy

Joy said...

Congratulations McKinstry family! I am so happy for you all! I hope to see him in person very soon :-) Take it easy Betsy!

Kandi said...

He is GORGEOUS!!! You did it hot stuff Betsy! Can't wait to meet him. Your family looks amazing! Love you guys!
kandi

Anonymous said...

The pics are so great of everyone, just perfect!! So happy for you, and all the boys!!! Baylor is an angel. :-))

rebeccalin@cox.net said...

Congratulations! They are ALL so beautiful! I have gone all teary looking at your pictures - I am struck by how good God truly is! You are such wonderful parents. I am so happy for all of you!
Many blessings and much love,

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! He is soooo cute. I can't wait to meet him. It looks like the older boys are really doing well with the new addition. God really has blessed you with an amazing family.
Love Carrie

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all the B's in the McK household!!! We just returned from visiting a similarly adorable new Giuffra in NYC, Baby Robert who is catching up to 9 pounds despite his 4 pound early birth. He is lively and attentive and should make good company for Baylor at family reunions! Furthermore, Colin should be good for horseback rides for all of his boy cousins now that he is nearly 5 feet! All the best from the NC Godwins!!!

Gareth Robinson said...

Congratulation! He looks soooooo sweet - looking forward to meeting him. Lots of love lizzyxx

Gareth Robinson said...

Congratulation! He looks soooooo sweet - looking forward to meeting him. Lots of love lizzyxx

Anonymous said...

Betsy,
I am so happy for you and all your Boys. Looking forward to seeing the expanded family 5 soon!
You look radiant in the pictures and the boys are beautiful!
Much Love and many Blessings, Victoria

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the beautiful new addition. I am so sorry I am just finding out my email but you in spam for some reason. I am so excited for you all and can't wait to tell Jon when he gets home. Give that beautiful new boy a kiss from us. Love, Stephanie Locklin