Thursday, June 26, 2008

Our latest dental visit

We are very pleased to announce that the boys had great dental exams last week! As you can see by their great smiles they are pleased as well. On a more serious note, Bennett had several areas that the dentist was concerned about possibly becoming cavities, so he advised putting sealers on. He also had two fairly deep pits in 2 other teeth that he recommended filling before a cavity develops. I guess we pretty much see that his mouth will be a money pit. He will more than likely need all of his teeth pulled since they just don't seem to loosen up and the adult teeth grow in behind the baby teeth. He has already had 4 pulled with the prospect of the top 4 to likely be pulled in the next several months. His dentist also said we would need to get him in with an orthodontist around age 6 as there is not much room for all his new teeth. The 2 new adult teeth take up all the room from the 4 baby teeth on the bottom. Sigh...

Just call me Uncle Buck!!! Brayden got this as his reward for being such a big boy. Dr. Brenke thought this was hilarious. He had a great exam and so far nothing to worry about for Brayden, other than we would watch his frenulum between his front teeth. It is fairly prominent and after his baby teeth come out he may need it clipped to prevent his adult teeth from having a gap between them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Baylor also has the first little sign of his first tooth coming in on the bottom left side. You can see a slight little white line :o). I guess I can now blame his crankiness and bad diapers on a new tooth!

3 comments:

Huntley said...

oh poor Bennett, that is sad! Well hope Brayden wont get Bruces teeth too so he wont have to get all of them pulled as well! Those fake teeth look funny, we call them billy bob teeth, ha ha!

Joy said...

Oh, I'm so glad that they had fun at the dentist! I feel for poor Bennett :-( I had to have teeth pulled and my gums clipped when I was little too. Poor thing! Just think of the beautiful smile they will have as adults though after you spend a small fortune on them :-) those teeth pics are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Man, teeth can be so expensive, can't they? The good news is they are catching it now, and you can help prevent some worse things from happening.

Either way those boys are gorgeous, so I hope they just don't have to deal with too much "ouchy" while keeping those beautiful smiles.