Monday, May 12, 2008

A Mother's Love

Mother's Day 2008 My boys and me just prior to church on Mother's Day. I told each of them how special they are to me and that the three of them plus daddy gave me the best Mother's Day so far. They hand made me several cards and gifts from school, picked out the perfect cards at the store, showered me in very thoughtful gifts: necklace, bullet blender, Hello Sugar lotions and bath gels from Bath and Body Works(my new favorite), made me a girly Build-A-Bear workshop bear dressed so cute named Bella, and took me to lunch at Paradise Bakery Cafe'. We also went for a get together in the evening with our small group, and the men cooked us Italian themed foods as well.

A funny picture of the four of us. Look at the expression on Baylor's face. He's like, "Oh my, these brothers of mine have lost their minds!!!"
Brayden and Bennett looking like they are having a stand off or something. These two are BEST friends and they will stick up for each other like you would not believe, and then turn around and let the other have it.
Mommy and Bennett. You are my first born and the leader of all the little boys. You have such a giving and loving heart and delight in making others happy. You are so creative and don't give up very easily. You are also very curious and have been since day one. You are my little shopping buddy, I can always count on you to go store hopping and deal finding. You are about to finish pre-school in a few days and move on to formal school. My heart is so happy in some ways and yet very sad in others to see you move on and be away from me all day 5 days a week. I wish I could have you here with me for a few more years. You are so excited about all the new things you will be learning and all the new friends you will be making. You will always be my baby and I love you so much with every ounce of my being. Thank you for being such a wonderful son!
Mommy and Brayden. You are my feisty second born baby boy. You are the middle child and fill that roll very well. You make your presence know each and every day and make me bring my "A" game. For that I thank you. You keep my on my toes :o). You are such a funny little monkey and have us laughing at your funny ways. You are also very creative and enjoy building little creations with legos and are very good at coloring. You have a great imagination and love to play pretend. You have recently become comfortable with going off and playing with friends and having little conversations with them, it's so cute to watch you interact. You are very friendly and make friends pretty easily. You will be entering into pre-school this fall 3 days a week and it will be so fun to watch you mature into an independent little boy. Brayden you are my second baby boy and I love you so much from your head to your toes, I could not imagine my life without you in it. Your hugs and cuddles are my favorite.
Mommy and Baylor. You are my third born baby boy. Wow I never imagined I could continue to love each of you my precious children with the same amount of intensity, but yet I continue to have yet more love. You are my lover baby affectionately called, "Big Sexy." You have the most easy going laid back personality. You are my little flirt and love to make eye contact. You have the warmest smile that just melts my heart. I know all you will have to do it flash those big eyes and grin and it will be hard for me to say no. You will always be the "baby" no matter how big you get and I thank you for all the joy you bring my heart. Thank you for making me a Mother of Three boys!
Needless to say I am the mother I am today because of the role model of my own mother. She was the rock of our family and taught me so many valuable things. This was my 6th Mother's Day with out her physical presence, but not a day goes by without her in my thoughts. I miss her so much and so desperately wish she could have been here to see my kids. I know she knows them, and is their gauarding angel, but I still miss her.

4 comments:

Huntley said...

Wow Betsy,
I am BAWLING over here reading all these sweet words to your sons about about your mom. I dont know if anyone else cried reading this but gracious I cant stop! That is the sweetest thing I have read in a long long time!
Love Kara :)

Huntley said...

I meant "and about your mom" sorry I was crying so hard i cant type :)

Joy said...

Oh my! You aren't the only one crying Kara! Such a sweet post and I miss your Mama too! She was such a kind, funny and loving Mother and is really missed by many!!

The boys will really appreciate your kind words as they get older and look back! You are a wonderful Mother Betsy!

Anonymous said...

HI Betsy...just checking in...this is the SWEETEST post you have ever done, I just love it. And you know I have a soft spot for both thefact that you have boys and that you lost your mom as I did. We have a lot in common...

Thank you for this post....hugs!!