Monday, April 7, 2008

2 years and 7 months!!!!

Well today marks the 2nd year anniversary of our move to Arizona. As I think back to 2 yrs. ago I remember feeling very sad, yet full of excitement for all God would provide for us. And provide he has. We are so blessed with our church, small groups, preschool, school for Bennett for next year, our house, and much more. In our free time the kids enjoy Teacher Lynda's swim school, Asian American Karate, Mommy and me playgroup, Parents Day out(my 4 hours a week for myself without it I would be crazy) and great friends to hang out with. Today our youngest baby boy turns 7 months old as well. He sure is a delight and brightens our days.

This looks like a great spot to rest said Baylor. He was fussing and Bennett offered to hold him for me, I checked back a few minutes later to find him fast asleep on his Big Brothers stomach. As comfortable as it was for Baylor, the weight of his head with the band was too much for Bennett to maintain for the duration of his nap, so I moved him beside Bennett on the couch. You sure are loved by your big brothers Baylor, they delight in making you laugh and watching you learn new things.
This is a picture of Baylor in his outfit I made for the DOC Band calender. We went with a karate theme, and I made this little karate gi for him to wear in the picture. I just took this picture to see what it looked like all together. I still want to get better pictures for the calendar at Bennett's dojo. Anyway here is what his band looks like all decorated.
The bling is a little skull and cross bone, I could not resit it!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your schedule at 7 months is wake up around 7am and have a 6 oz bottle
nap around 9am
10am you have oatmeal, fruit, and 4 oz bottle
small cat nap before lunch
around 1pm you take a 6 oz bottle and go down for a long afternoon nap
4 pm you eat rice cereal, veggie, and 4 oz. bottle
since you are wearing your band for 23 hours a day, we take your band off around 6pm and give you a bath and clean your band.
you take your last 6oz bottle around 7-7:30pm and are off to dreamland. You have been sleeping through the night and only occasionally wake, but will fall back to sleep on your own.
You spend your time when your not asleep jumping in your jumper, playing on the floor with your family, you still love your swing, you love stroller rides and just being out and about!
You are able to roll from your tummy to your back and can sit with just a little help. You love to just stand being held by mommy and daddy. You are fascinated with your hands and everything you touch goes right into your mouth. Still no teeth yet though.
You eat both rice and oatmeal cereal
All first fruit and veggies and have added some second foods. Your favorite veggie is sweet potatoes, and your favorite fruit is bananas!
You are such a joy and we are so happy to have you for our son! We love you Baylor.

6 comments:

Joy said...

I cannot believe that you have been there for 2 years and 7 months! That is crazy! Are you coming back soon?? j/k :-) I'm so glad that you have gotten settled and comfortable and have found such joy in Arizona. God is good!

What a precious picture of Bennett and Baylor! That is one for a frame. Too cute! Baylor's band is precious. You did a wonderful job and I love his little outfit! He is a shoe in for the calendar this year!

Betsy McK said...

Well my title is probably deceiving. It's only two years in Az and Baylor is the 7 months part! Sorry to confuse you.

Chuck Denton said...

Congrats on hitting the 2 year mark! I told you guys Arizona is a special place to live. God is good!

Joy said...

Oh, duh :-)

Huntley said...

oh that made me tear up to read the parts about Baylor, how sweet to read about the schedule he is on and how neat it will be for him to read that one day. That is sweet and boy, all your boys have been pretty good nappers huh? That is great and he sounds like a happy baby now which is wonderful! I LOVE his band all decorated, how cute ;) I love hearing the word dojo too, it reminds me of the karate kid movie :)

Anonymous said...

Time flies...it really does. I just can't believe it either. You are such an amazing mother Betsy, you really are. I can just tell by your posts and man I love the blog world. I feel like I know all about your life and it is so good to keep in touch this way, even when the miles keep up far apart.

Baylor is a doll, I love the pic of him with Bennett.