Saturday, November 3, 2007

More Birthday Celebration

Bennett turns 5!!!November 1st, our first born son turned 5!!! It's hard to believe that 5 years have passed since we had our first baby. Bennett was due December 5th of 2002 and I casually said during my pregnancy that it would be nice to have a baby born on my mother's birthday 11/2. God had definitely heard my request and granted it with Bennett arriving 5 weeks early at 6 lbs. 13oz. and was very healthy besides a case of jaundice that lasted close to one month and reflux that lasted for 15 months. His birthday is very special being that it is just the day before my mother's birthday and each year as we celebrate his birthday I think of my mother and feel as if we are celebrating her birthday as well. God is good, coincidence, I think not.For dinner we asked Bennett where he wanted to go eat and he choose Rubio's Mexican Grill!!!

Yummy, one of our favorite places to eat. After dinner he and Brayden wanted to go get slushy's, so we headed to QT's for a Sour Green Apple slushy.
On November 2, he wanted to go to Build-A-Bear workshop and make a bear with money Grandaddy and Martha had given him. He decided on a Koala bear and named it Robin Koala. I guess since Auntie Robin had just left, the name was fresh in his mind and he thought it was the perfect name.
Brayden got a small Polar Bear and he named his Polo. I think Bennett has 5 from Build-a-Bear and Brayden has 4, and Baylor already has one too!!!
Happy Birthday Bennett and Grammy Angel(that's what the boys call my mom :o))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so sweet. I love reading your blog and seeing what you are all up to!

Kara

Joy said...

Happy Birthday Bennett and Mrs. Johnson! Definitely not a coincidence, there is no such thing :-)
The girls haven't gotten a build a bear yet but I bet they would love it. They have tons of stuffed animals and LOVE them... maybe I should take them soon to get a prize :-)

Anonymous said...

Bennett's birthday looks like it was tons of fun and what a wonderful family day for all of you. :-))